Tuesday, April 13, 2010
An interview with Lila
Hi. I am a girl from a village. I have a brother and 3 sisters. I am quite pretty but there is no boys there for me to like. My brother is a slacker. He stopped going to school at a young age. All he does is sit in the field for hours in the day and hide under a coconut tree. I think that he sucks. My sisters? They know nothing other than to wait for tea every morning. I am very busy. I do not like my family. My father only knows how to drink, and my mother is sick. As in, physically sick. My dad goes to the toddy every single night and comes home drunk. He sleeps in the day and nothing else. He does not work, and has already sold out our animals and boat. We are poor. We cannot even afford sweets. As a result, we are forced to make them ourselves. Everyday I live in fear and distress. I do not know what is in stalled for me. Everyday I live in torture. How I long to have a pay, something to support my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment